We are always open to hearing from professional, enthusiastic, creative individuals who are interested in being part of the Distinguished Concerts International New York team. Interested candidates may submit their resumes to be maintained on file for consideration when openings become available. Internships are additionally available throughout the year.
Program Development Assistant
Distinguished Concerts International, New York is a classical music production company based in New York City. We work with national and international organizations to present full-scale choral masterworks, instrumental performances, chamber music series, and various innovative projects.
DCINY is growing and looking to add a musically passionate, dynamic and talented individual with a strong classical music background to the team in the role of program development assistant. Our dream candidate will be a rock star in customer service, provide exceptional overall office support and serve as our primary contact for phone calls and communications from prospective and current DCINY artists and performers. DCINY employees are integral to the successful preparation and presentation of DCINY concerts in prestigious performance venues including Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts and Disney Hall, Los Angeles.
Commensurate with experience. This is an entry level position and includes full benefits and matching 401K.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide basic information to clients and staff regarding concert season and various aspects of the company.
• Responsible for correspondence, letters of invitation, and general written communications at the request of the development team.
• Assist in development of future programming for the series, including liaison with guest conductors, performing artists and ensembles by phone, email and in person.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date information of clients by entering and updating data in office software (Salesforce) and also keeping hardcopy files.
• Occasional availability on evenings and concert weekends.
COMPETENCIES and QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, the individual selected should have:
• Bachelor/Advanced Degree in music or music administration or related discipline.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and listening skills. Ability to successfully multi-task and excel in a fast paced environment and be attentive and precise in details.
• 1-2 years of related experience with reception preferred.
• Computer Literacy: Familiarity with PC platforms and ability to work with MS Office required. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
• Ability to manage phone and in-person inquiries in a professional, patient and friendly manner.
• Interest and background in classical music and concert production.
• Fluency in languages other than English a plus.
• Resume showing work history
• Salary history or requirements, and contact information for at least three references
• A cover letter telling us why we should meet you!
• To learn more about our company, visit: www.DCINY.org
• Please email or fax your materials to Jobs@DCINY.org or 646.736.0437
• No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Part-time Production Staff
Distinguished Concerts International, New York (DCINY) is a classical music production company who works with national and international institutions to present full-scale choral masterworks, chamber music and instrumental performances. We are currently in search of highly self-motivated individuals to represent DCINY as part-time, paid production staff. Hired staff will be assigned to work concert residencies, based on needs, throughout the concert season.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills/qualifications: 1) Highly self-motivated, 2) Strong ability to demonstrate initiative, 3) Knowledgeable of classical music, 4) Confident in their communication skills, 5) Able to work with large groups effectively, 6) Highly adaptable in shifting to new tasks on short notice, 7) Quick to address changing situations or responsibilities, 8) Apt to think on your feet when a problem arises 9) Able to confirm availability for work schedules well in advance and often over holiday weekends.
The production staff will be responsible for 1) Representing DCINY with the utmost level of professionalism to all parties related to each performance 2) Completing task assignments at rehearsals, performances and post-concert receptions, 3) The physical set up and strike of rehearsals and non-union performance venues, 4) Assisting with talent flow for participants during residencies as appointed by date, 5) Taking leadership to define tasks and demonstrating initiative in offering solutions under the supervision of DCINY Staff, 6) Lending additional support as assigned.
To apply please send resume, cover letter, and list of 3 references to Production@DCINY.org
Send resume and cover letter telling us why we should meet you.